7/01/2010

Ups, download server is down!...

Starting today (July 1, 2010) the hosting account on which the download zip file, some images from this blog and the current version info are stored is suspended (temporarily).

So, the download will not work until I'll find a solution, sorry.

The bigger problem is the fact that the current users will experience a check version error in the form of a ugly pop-up notification bubble...


The bad behaviour is generated by the update function, which checks the version info from the above mentioned suspended account and does not properly handle the failure.

The quick solution is to uncheck the "Automatically check for updates" option in the "Preferences" window. This does not affect the main functions of the application, so the CD Tray Ejector/Loader will work as expected.

The best solution would be for me to update the application and enhance the update function to also handle this type of error. Unfortunately, I can't do so quick enough, because I'm preparing to go on vacation starting tomorrow... Funny thing, when I will update the application, no one will notice, because everybody will probably have the auto-check disabled...

Bottom line, the fact that the application fails to correctly behave when checking the version is a programing mistake/oversight so I have to take full blame...

My apologies for the inconveniences.

I will try to fix what I can as soon as possible...

0 comments:

Post a Comment